Being Formed

 Where is your favorite place to go?


There have been some beautiful places I have visited in several countries around the world. However, my favorite place is one that is a 5 hour drive from my home, tucked away in the mountains of Arkansas. This place is my escape, it whispers to my soul and gives me the strength to take on what is coming next.


This summer we are again planning our time at the lake.


When I get to Texarkana and take that turn up 71 headed into Arkansas, excitement begins to well in me. About 45 minutes further down the road I turn on to Hwy 70 and I can barely contain myself. Finally, as I come across the bridge that crosses Lake Greeson, and leads to the town of Daisy, (pop. 118) the tears of excitement start to spill down my face. I am here! Let the restoration begin! My one requirement for my time in Daisy is that my tent be positioned where I can lay for Jetski boat for rent on my air mattress and see the lake while I read, and yes my husband gives in to me on my request.


I feel such a special bond and connection with the Lord while I am up there, my family feels much closer, and things seem so much clearer. I feel like I have gone back to the basics. As I opened the word today, I knew I was going to start in Genesis, little did I know it would be Chapter 1 verse 1 & 2, but what great timing he has! I am expecting some supernatural things to happen on this trip, I expect that the Lord will be present and fully involved with me while I am there. I will be as close to the water as I can get so that the Spirit of God can hover over me as He hovered over the waters before the world was formed. This provides great symbolism to me as I feel he is forming something in me and I will be a new creation when I come back.


I ask that each of you feel the Spirit of God as he hovers over you, he is about to do something extraordinary in your lives, be aware and in tune to hear his voice?


The DIVAS Challenge:


What are the distractions you have that keeps you from feeling him move?


What would it take to remove those distractions?


Are you willing to do whatever it takes?


Genesis 1:1-2


1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.



Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post